We are your Number One resource in Saskatchewan if you need an auto loan and your credit isn’t perfect. Let’s take a closer look at a few things:
- How credit will affect the interest rate on your next car loan.
- How it’s possible to get a bad credit car loan even if you’ve made mistakes with your credit.
- Who we can help get a car loan.
- The typical mistakes people make when shopping for a used car loan.
- How to apply for your next car loan.
Will your next SK car loan be a bad credit car loan?
Let’s look a little closer at how your credit history will affect your current loan. There’s a few different categories that consumers are typically placed into when shopping for a new vehicle and they’re all based on your credit score.
- If it’s high (typically a score of 700+) you’ll be classified as “prime”.
- If it’s pretty good (usually 650-700) you’ll probably fit into the “near-prime” group.
- If it’s below average (around 550-650) you’ll be “subprime”
- And if your score is below 550 you’ll most likely be looking for a dealership that specializes in hard to finance customers and may offer “in-house financing”.
If you haven’t shopped for a vehicle loan lately, you may not be as familiar with the car loan rates these days. Right now, interest rates for new vehicles start at 0% and used vehicles start at about 5.9%. These rates are reserved for the “prime” and “near-prime” customers. Banks that offer financing for prime customers through the dealership are:
- TD Financing Services
- Bank of Montreal
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- General Bank
- and typically the local Credit Unions
If you don’t fit into the first two categories, prime and near-prime, you’re going to have a few different options for your car loan approval. The important thing to remember is most dealerships only deal with prime customers, that’s why it’s important to get pre-approved and matched up with a dealership in your area that specializes in bad credit car loans (More on this later – you can still get a car loan, we will just go about it differently). Many people aren’t as familiar with the next group of lenders. They specialize in financing customers with subprime credit and those who will need in-house financing. These lenders include:
- TD Financing Services Non-Prime
- Scotia Dealer Advantage
- In-house financing
All of the lenders base their interest rates on the risk involved (kind of like car insurance – the more accidents you have, the higher your insurance premiums). Here is an example of how decisions are made when deciding what interest rate to charge:
- Customers with a credit score of 800+ have less than a 1% change of falling behind on payments or declaring personal bankruptcy in the next 2 years.
- People with a score of 750-799 have double the chance, at 2%.
- With a score of 700-749, 5%; 650-699, 12%; 600-649, 23%; 550-599, 39%; 500-549, 60%
- And if your score is below 499 your chance of falling behind in payments or declaring bankruptcy rises to over 78%.
That’s why interest rates can soar to over 30% on bad credit car loans. The important thing to remember is that at any given time only about 5% of the population is in the very top tier for credit. Everyone makes mistakes. The important thing is to be organized before you walk in your next dealership.
Saskatchewan Bad Credit Car Loans – How can I get one?
That’s a question we hear all the time. And there’s a few answers:
- Our staff – the best in the industry.
- Our Guaranteed Approval Process.
- Our fast and free application.
- Our lenders – they’re agressive and they will lend you money.
- Our inventory – all price ranges to fit any pre-approval amount.
- And our experience – this is what we do best.
Let’s expand on the first point: our staff. This is our biggest advantage over your traditional car dealership. Instead of ignoring customers with less than perfect credit, we’ve made it our business. Our staff will treat you with respect throughout the entire process and help you find a car that fits your budget and meets all of your requirements. In addition, because our focus is on financing and helping you get a car loan, NOT on selling you a car, you can expect a more laid back environment.
The Guaranteed Approval Process – another industry first and a definite advantage for the customer. We are committed to helping you get a bad credit car loan and we will look after you throughout the entire process. We have a dedicated approval hotline to keep you updated on the status of your application and for any follow up questions you may have.
Our credit application is free and easy to fill out. When you apply online, your information is sent to us quickly and securely using the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. If you’re new to our site, we always recommend clicking the VeriSign Trust Seal (they’re the company that makes Norton Antivirus and we pay them to scan our site every day to to make sure it is 100% secure).
We deal with a lot of lenders that standard dealerships don’t have access to. Unlike banks, who only provide vehicle loans as a small part of their overall business, our lenders specialize in lending money strictly to customers who need a second chance. The increased specialization allows more car loans to be made with higher approval rates. These lenders are also able to offer loans that typical banks can’t touch. Here’s a few examples:
- Bad credit car loans
- No credit car loans
- No money down car loans
- Bankruptcy car loans
- And car financing that does NOT look at your credit score
When our customers get approved, they expect to have options when it comes to selecting their next vehicle. That’s why we have one of the largest selections in Saskatchewan of new and pre-owned cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Our used vehicles are all completely certified, as the lenders require loans be made on cars that are completely reconditioned including new windshields, good tires, good brakes and the availability of warranty. Here’s a quick list of what’s popular right now:
Best Selling Cars in Canada:
- Honda Civic
- Hyundai Elantra
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Toyota Corolla
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Ford Focus
- Hyundai Accent
- Ford Fusion
- Hyundai Sonata
Best Selling Trucks in Canada:
- Ford F-150
- Dodge Ram 1500
- GMC Sierra
- Chevrolet Silverado
- Ford Ranger
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
- Nissan Frontier
- Chevrolet Avalanche
- Dodge Dakota
The one thing that ties all this together is our experience. With years of experience and the most knowledgable employees, we’re able to offer you the best service in Saskatchewan. Helping customers who have bad credit and need a second chance is our speciality – NOT an afterthought. We have helped lots of people buy used cars in Saskatchewan over the years and we’d like to help you too! We will walk you through the entire process from the initial application right through to filling out the paperwork and getting your new car insured at SGI. Apply today and we’ll get you into a vehicle you love.
Bad Credit Car Loans in Saskatchewan – Do I Qualify?
We have helped thousand of people qualify for a new auto loan in Canada, but there are a few things you need to qualify. We will go over all of the different scenarios we deal with shortly, but first let’s point out who we can’t help:
- No driver’s license
- No bank account
- No Income
- Declared bankruptcy twice or more
If any of the above apply to you, we are sincerely sorry, but we can’t help. If you’re still with us, here’s what we’ll need from you (no exceptions!).
- Your two most recent pay stubs (if you’re self employed, we will require your most recent Notice of Assessment (N.O.A.) from the government as well as copies of your invoices and corresponding bank statements).
- A copy of your valid driver’s license.
- A void cheque so the monthly payments for your car loan can be automatically withdrawn from your bank account. If you don’t have cheques, don’t worry – just visit your local bank and ask them for a pre-authorized payment for (it must be stamped by the bank).
- And any down payment you have. If you’re taking advantage of our no money down car loan, please skip this step. Otherwise, your down payment may be made by credit car, certified cheque or in cash.
One of the interesting things about Saskatchewan is how spread out the population is. With the majority of our population living in the southern part of the province, we get the majority of our business from the larger centres such as Saskatoon and Regina, as well as from Prince Albert, Moose Jaw, Yorkton, Swift Current and North Battleford. But, this still leaves a large amount of people living in the northern part of the province that need help. For a while, people made the trip down, but we realized a growing need to offer better service to our Northern customers. That’s why we introduced our free delivery service to anywhere in Saskatchewan. A lot of people think they need to drive for three, four, five or even six hours to come and visit us, but the truth is we can do almost everything online and over the phone with the final paperwork being completed when we drop off the car – at your doorstep! We will go anywhere, but here’s a few of the places we’ve been recently (which is almost everywhere in Saskatchewan):
- Aberdeen, Allan, Asquith, Assiniboia, Balcarres, Battleford, Big River, Biggar, Birch Hills, Blaine Lake, Bruno, Carlyle, Carnduff, Carrot River, Central Butte, Choiceland, Churchbridge, Colonsay, Craik, Cudworth, Cut Knife, Dalmeny, Davidson, Delisle, Duck Lake, Dundurn, Eatonia, Esterhazy, Estevan, Eston, Flin Flon, Foam Lake, Fort Qu’Appelle, Gravelbourg, Gull Lake, Hafford, Hague, Hanley, Hudson Bay, Humboldt, Indian Head, Kamsack, Kelvington, Kerrobert, Kindersley, Langham, Lanigan, Leader, Lloydminster, Lumsden, Luseland, Macklin, Maidstone, Maple Creek, Moosomin, Naicam, Nipawin, Osler, Outlook, Oxbow, Pilot Butte, Porcupine Plain, Preeceville, Qu’Appelle, Radisson, Regina Beach, Rocanville, Rose Valley, Rosetown, Rosthern, Shaunavon, Shellbrook, Spiritwood, St Brieux, St Walburg, Tisdale, Turtleford, Unity, Vonda, Wadena, Waldheim, Wapella, Warman, Watrous, Wynyard
- And we’ve been to way too many northern villages to even list!
So, to make things easy – if you live anywhere in Saskatchewan, we’ll help you! Next, let’s talk about the types of situations we can help. There’s a lot of different reasons people apply for bad credit car loans with us, but they typically fall into one of a few major categories: no credit, bad credit and not too sure. So, let’s take a look.
Types of Bad Credit Car Loans We Can Help:
- No credit history because you’re new to credit and haven’t established your credit history yet.
- No credit because you had bad credit a long time ago and haven’t had anything open accounts recently.
- Bad credit by being late on your bill payments.
- Bad credit due to your accounts being sent to collections.
- Bad credit caused by a repossession as long as it wasn’t recently.
- Bad credit because of marriage problems, separation or divorce.
- Self employed or hard to prove income.
- New to Canada
- All types of bankruptcy, consumer proposals, orderly payment of debt and credit counseling.
Just remember that we’ve helped lots of people in almost every circumstance you can imagine. If you know you have bad credit, or if you’re just not sure – give us a call. Having a pre-approval in place before you start shopping for a vehicle can make your experience a lot less stressful.
Car Loans – Mistakes you can Avoid:
Let’s face it – shopping for a new or used vehicle can be stressful because there is so much to consider. Typically, it’s not just a car or truck you’ll be shopping for, but the financing to go along with it. Now, we aren’t saying it’s a bad idea to get you financing done at the dealership, it’s just good to be prepared. If you know what your credit looks like, you can skip this step. If not – please listen closely.
If you’ll be financing your next vehicle purchase we recommend finding out how your credit is before you go to the dealership. In Canada, TransUnion is the major credit bureau that banks such as Royal Bank use when determining to approve or decline a car loan application. The first step is to find out your score:
If you have great credit, buying your next vehicle is easy:
- Check with your local bank before going to the dealership to see what rates they can offer you.
- Do your research on the cars you like before going to the dealership.
- Narrow it down to a few vehicles and then test drive the ones you like best.
- When you’ve made up your mind, see if the dealership can give you a better deal than they’re advertised price. If they can, great!
- Tell the dealership what rate your local bank is offering you and see if they can do any better. If they can, use their financing instead of your local bank.
If your credit needs a little bit of help, buying your next vehicle has a few extra steps:
- Apply online 24/7 or call 1-888-279-3447 9AM-5PM.
- A finance specialist will go over your application with you to confirm all of your information and talk about what options you’ll have available.
- A pre-approval will be set up and the finance specialist that’s helping you out will go over what price range and payment range you’ve been approved for.
- You’ll be invited down (or you can use our free delivery option) to our nearest affiliate dealership where we will show you all of the vehicles that fit into your pre-approval. In some cases, it’s almost all of the vehicles we have. In other cases, the options are a little more limited. The important thing to remember is that a positive re-payment history will make getting your next vehicle that much easier!
- Once you’ve selected a vehicle from the large selection of cars, vans, trucks and SUVs on our lot, we’ll sit down and go over all of the paperwork for you. The finance specialist you’ve been working with will go over your final payments as well as the optional insurances that are available to you.
- Most of our lenders have programs available for excellent repayment history. For example, in as little as 10 months you may be eligible to trade in your vehicle for a substantially lower interest rate. We’ll keep in touch with you during that time period, or you can call us whenever you have any questions.
Remember, the biggest mistake that people make when shopping for a bad credit car loan is going to a dealership who either isn’t prepared or isn’t willing to help out if you’ve had credit troubles in the past.
How to apply for a bad credit car loan?
Thanks for staying with us this far. No matter what you decide to do, you’ll have a better understanding how the loan process works at a dealership, for both good and bad credit customers.
If you want to apply now, that’s great. We’re here to help you every step of the way and we have a couple different options for starting your pre-approval:
- The easiest and most convenient way is to apply online 24/7 at www.canadadrives.ca
- If you would prefer to speak with someone on the phone, please call us at 1-888-279-3447
The application for your pre-approval is part of our Guaranteed Approval Process. If you have any questions along the way, please call or email us.
Any additional questions relating to the loan process? Please email [email protected] and I will do my best to respond to all inquiries individually and within 2 business days.
Auto Loan Resources
Apply For Your Car Loan
Your online application takes only 2 minutes to complete and we only ask for information we actually need, no SIN required.
Or feel free to call us at 1-888-865-6402